Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: VP – Controller
Domain Capital Group is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting Department. Accounting Professionals at Domain are responsible for the day to day management of Company’s Investment accounting activities. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the administration and management of routine accounting operations as well as ad hoc projects. The staff accountant can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries, analyze financial data, prepare reports for management, utilize accounting software, and assist with other accounting activities.
- Perform closing processes such as quarter-end entries, bank reconciliation, balance sheet analysis, intercompany reconciliation and other.
- Responsible for investor reporting in the areas of capital calls/distribution notices and ad hoc requests.
- Process vendor payments and record invoices for investment entities.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Participate in the departmental projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Manage monthly invoicing of interest.
- Work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to assist with accounting and office operations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detail oriented and results focused, with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly organized and have the ability to multitask
- Written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ownership in completing projects timely and thriving in a collaborative and driven environment.
- Occasional late, weekend, or non-regular work hours may be required.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite
- Experience with other accounting software such as TNR and Intacct preferred
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- 2 year of accounting experience including an internship
- Working toward CPA certification
Domain Capital Group headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, provides comprehensive private investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries to institutions, public and private pension plans, corporations, foundations, endowments and high-net-worth individuals. Our investment professionals have experience across a wide range of asset classes and investment strategies, including Entertainment, Media & Technology, Real Estate, Credit & Special Situations, and Natural Resources Investments.