Domain Timber Advisors is looking for an Investment Associate to join our Atlanta office in the timber assets group. Our Investment professionals are responsible for supporting the day-to-day investment and asset management activities for Domain’s varied strategies. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills coupled with a desire to function as an integral part of operational execution.
The role will support forest operations, acquisition due diligence, financial modeling, industry research, and client reporting.
- Quantitative and qualitative underwriting of new investments;
- Forest operations oversight and management;
- Analyzing timber and land sale opportunities;
- Building and maintaining financial models;
- Reviewing and analyzing annual asset valuations;
- Staying current on investment performance and industry news and trends;
- Drafting quarterly and annual investment management reports; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned which might include research, database updates, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to take ownership in projects and complete them on time
- Ability and drive to function in a highly collaborative team environment
- Detail oriented and results focused, with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly organized and capable of balancing multiple responsibilities
- A high degree of competency in written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional late, weekend, or non-regular work hours may be required
- Significant (30-40%) short-duration travel for field operations oversight
- Physical aptitude to navigate, traverse and evaluate remote forestry properties in a variety of weather conditions
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Experience using ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro (or other GIS program) is preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in forestry investment management, investment analytics, or forestry consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Business, Finance, or a related field.
- An understanding of forest operations, forest inventory, forest investments, capital markets, corporate and structured finance and investment analysis concepts is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or a related field or relevant coursework in accounting, financial statement analysis, economics, or a related discipline is a plus and may be considered as a substitute for experience.
Domain Capital Group headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, provides comprehensive private investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries to institutions, public and private pension plans, corporations, foundations, endowments, and high-net-worth individuals. Our investment professionals have experience across a wide range of asset classes and investment strategies, including Entertainment, Media & Technology, Real Estate, Credit & Special Situations, and Natural Resources Investments.