Domain Capital Group is looking for an Assistant Vice President of Investments (Entertainment) to join our Atlanta office. This person will be responsible for supporting the sourcing, due diligence, and management of new entertainment investments and may manage and oversee existing entertainment investments.
- Service and monitor existing investments to ensure performance, compliance with covenants, and timely receipt of deliverables from our investment partners per operating agreements.
- Draft quarterly reports and presentations for existing investments.
- Contribute to investment structuring discussions and terms negotiations.
- Perform detailed DCF modeling and due diligence of potential investments and prepare investment committee reports. Maintain portfolio level collections, fund models, and performance metrics
- Conduct industry related research to help measure investment performance.
- Support the management of relationships with sponsors, borrowers, operating partners, servicers, and others pertinent to the investment portfolio through regular communication, site visits (as necessary), and other active management tools.
- Begin to develop industry relationships to support portfolio investment strategies.
- Create and maintain asset level valuation models in accordance with the Valuation Policy.
- Support senior management’s business development efforts on an as needed basis.
- Thrive in and contribute to a collaborative and team environment while supporting work with team members, legal counsel, consultants, service providers and outside regulatory agencies in connection with all aspects of investment management and oversight.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills, specifically in the entertainment industry
- Professional demeanor, personal integrity and understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, results-driven with an ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to contribute to strategic decisions
- Strong understanding of financial modeling and valuation, specifically as it pertains to entertainment assets
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Sensitive to deadlines and flexibility in schedule to meet them
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction
- Desire to enhance and improve processes
- Some travel and late or weekend hours may be necessary
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Related Field
- 5-8 years’ experience in a buy/sell or advisory capacity in media, entertainment & technology strategies/investments preferred
Domain Capital Group headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, provides comprehensive private investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries to institutions, public and private pension plans, corporations, foundations, endowments and high-net-worth individuals. Our investment professionals have experience across a wide range of asset classes and investment strategies, including Entertainment, Media & Technology, Real Estate, Credit & Special Situations, and Natural Resources Investments.